Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Rest but no rest

Today I did day 9 of the 30 day Shred and also doing 30 mins on the elliptical everyday. I did skip last Sunday for everything. I needed a rest day and plus, I was so busy that I didn't get a chance to fit any kind of workout in. So, I decided not to worry about my diet either. I ran a bunch of errands, though. Towards the end of the day, I had a really bad headache. I don't think taking the day off affected me too bad. As of Saturday, I had lost 3.5 lbs. YAY!

Lately, I have been going, going, going.... it seems like non-stop. Yesterday, I did the normal feeding the kids breakfast, school with Zach, fed the kids lunch, exercised, did more school with Zach, did some laundry, put some laundry away, cleaned up, went to worship practice, went grocery shopping and then came home after 9 p.m. to put everything away and spend a little time with Zach before bed. I was exhausted. TODAY..... I did the normal as above (including the laundry), fixed dinner, took Zach to baseball, came back to take Leah & Luke to church, went to the bank, picked Zach up, went to Walmart, came home to clean up the bedrooms, clean the litter box, sweep & mop the kitchen floor, do dishes, do more laundry & clean the downstairs bathroom. I did more than just that but I didn't feel like typing EVERYTHING that I had done.

On top of all of this..... last Monday, Luke threw his head into the spout of his sippy cup which hit our dining room chair which shoved the cup into his head even more. I called the doctor but they said that if he needed stitches that they wouldn't be able to do it at the office. So, they suggested that I go to the ER. I took Luke there and all they did was glue his gash back together. Well, now I know to buy some of that glue and keep it on hand. I was a little upset b/c the ER cost me (out-of-pocket) $158 whereas the regular doctor visit would have only cost me $20 or $30. Don't get me wrong, Luke was definitely worth it but they could have done the same thing at the doctor's office.

I thank God every day that I have the energy and mobility to do the things that I do but the Lord also says to rest. I think it's time to rest soon. :)

0 comments: