Friday, January 21, 2011

Life with 3 kids...

Well, in the beginning, life with 3 kids was easy. It was really no different than having 2 children. Why, you ask? Well... because Luke slept all of the time. I was able to keep the house clean, keep up on laundry, do school with Zach, play with both of the kids, get the grocery shopping done with yes.... all 3 kids in tow.... Then, Luke decided that he didn't want to sleep any longer. He decided that he wanted to explore. Yet, he wasn't physically able to explore what he wanted. So, what did he do? He cried.... and cried..... and cried. Grant it.... it wasn't as much as Leah cried but with Leah I only had Zach to worry about. For some reason, when that third child starts to cry it seems like the other 2 want to make just as much noise, if not more noise, than the one crying. My days began to be days of trying to entertain Luke more which in turn took time away from many other areas in my life.

As the minutes turned into hours and the hours turned into days and the days turned into months..... Luke eventually was able to play by himself (after he started to crawl) so that I could give Zach more of my attention during school. However, my middle child started to feel neglected and made sure that she got the attention that she needed. lol In turn, the house got messier, the laundry got backed up and grocery shopping had to wait. These days, I feel very behind but have made it a New Year's Resolution to not let those things bother me and to enjoy the time I have with my kids. After all, they're not going to be this little forever. On the good days, I sometimes wish I could have another baby but then the crying comes and yes..... it brings me back to reality. lol No more kids for me..... at least right now. Three is enough! But.... I feel so blessed to have the 3 that I have! :)

1 comments:

Becky said...

Yes, Gretchen before you know it these days will be a memory. Spend as much time as you can with them. the house and laundry are not going anywhere, trust me.....And don't forget to make atleast one night for time with hubby to keep yourself sane!! prayers to you my friend.