Monday, April 26, 2010

Home Improvements

Lately, I've (Gretchen) been in the mood to re-decorate or "improve" certain rooms of our home. I've actually wanted to do it for a while but am now getting the initiative. We just got our screened in back porch tiled which, I guess, has led me to get other areas done as well. We're VERY pleased how the back porch turned out. We put new tile in, a new fan, and a new light fixture. It's so nice to sit out there now. I can't wait for summer to get here and to have barbeques at our house. :)

Last week, I bought some new towels, rugs and art to go into the downstairs bathroom. I mostly bought it b/c it was on sale plus I had a coupon. :) I wanted to paint it as well. So, I went to Walmart and bought the paint. I started painting it. When I got to the "rolling" part, Corey stepped in and offered to finish the job for me. Of course, I'm not going to argue with that. :) Corey doesn't really get motivated to do these types of jobs but is so glad that it gets done after we finish them. The bathroom turned out pretty good.

We also went and looked at some tile. We're thinking about tiling our downstairs kitchen/ bathroom/ hallway and laundry room. It's all connected downstairs so if we decide to do the kitchen, then we really need to do those rooms as well. We're not positive that we're going to do it but thinking.

Next room that is to be worked on is Zach's room. We really want to paint his room.... well, I do!! lol Hopefully that will get done this weekend!

0 comments: